PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotary Jobs 2014
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2014, 12:29
BPositive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have just discovered this forum and I have to say how much I appreciate the folks who have taken the time to post.

I'm always looking for "the next" job, even though I'm working, as I think many here do. I got my training thru the military and have only been working the civil sector for 3 years. Even though my training was, to me, "hard won", I find that I'm still a neophyte on the outside.

A few observations for those who are just starting out. Kudos for the dedication and energy required to acquire your training on the civil side and build your hours to get the jobs. Not sure I could have put up with the 'suck' that is required on that route. Don't give up. Another truth that I've found, which has been stated here already, ...... a tremendous amount depends on who you know. Network, network, network! Timing and willingness also help. Risks in this business are abundant and not just in the air.

Off my soapbox.....

I'm looking to get into O&G offshore. I have a lot of twin turbine time, mainly S70 and a FAA ATPH. The only type I have which is being used offshore is S332 (400 hrs).

Question: How often do companies give type training for a/c they fly, when required, and what is the best way to approach them?