PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SRS mode during windshear - A320
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2014, 11:18
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
You get back SRS in GA,you can follow SRS till default GA acceleration altitude. Also Airbus reccommends not reduce THR RED/ACC ALT if windshear is expected. I have confirmed that even in windshear, at THR RED ALT, LVRCLB wil flash and at ACC ALT SRS will change to CLB.
Hi vilas,

if you go back to TOGA and trigger the GA phase, the acceleration altitude will be the one set in the GO AROUND PERF page of the FMGC which will be, let's say, 1000 ft AAL of the destination aerodrome, correct ? So let's say if the destination has an elevation of 7000 ft, the SRS will stay there till 8000 ft.
Another question regarding the THR RED and ACC in case of wind shear. Airbus recommends not to reduce THR RED/ACC ALT if wind shear is expected but what about the recommendation to avoid NADP in case significant turbulence or wind shear is expected ? I have a little confusion here. Is there any docs from Airbus supporting the fact that CLB or OP CLB phase will engage at ACC ALT even if Wind shear is triggered ? I tried it in the SIM too and it is like you say but just want to make sure it's not a SIM glitch.

Thanks !