PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - how is Panam (florida) for A320 type rating
Old 6th Sep 2014, 02:56
jai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished my A320 type rating at Higher Power. My background is 3500TT 2500 EMB 145 regional us pilot.

From start to finish I loved the experience at HPA, the whole staff is always there to help you succeed, it is a very friendly atmosphere and there's emphasis on networking, which always help down the road.

On the training side every instructor I had was very experienced on type, multiple backgrounds, and always available to answer any question/clear any doubts.
The sims are the American Airlines sim so the support is great and you won't have any hiccups, there are 2 available. The sims are also the last generation CAE 7000 sims, visuals are amazing. On top of that the hours in the Fixed Base Trainer are actually spent in the sim itself (without motion on), so you pretty much get additional time in the real thing, no panel mockups. It personally helped me a lot, being able to spend some additional hours in the seat understanding all the switches and flows.
The course is structured around you, they will work with your schedule. It is pretty much 1 week of ground school followed by the FBT and then sims.

For me it was a great learning experience and I enjoyed every moment of it, do not take me wrong, you have to prepare yourself (study your ass off!), as every other training event, it is no piece of cake. But at the end when you get your HPA hat you become part of something that will always be with you no matter what part of the world you'll end up working.

Feel free to PM me if you need additional question.