PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2014, 23:46
Fruet Mich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must agree with extralite,

I recently flew to Dubai return, up with Qantas and back with Emirates. I rated Qantas as the better carrier for business class. The staff were far more experienced and really knew their job. Just small things, on Qantas flight when it was lights out and time to sleep, the staff were very quiet and crept around every now and then to make sure all was good, I slept well and felt the crew really knew what the business travellers needs were. The seats were comfortable and everything worked!

On the Emirates flight the staff walked around like elephants every 5 minutes, up and down, up and down, which made it near on impossible to sleep. One flight attendant opened my overhead locker every five minutes to retrieve something out of his crew bag and slammed it shut every time, he only stopped after an angry glare from myself and the chap beside me after being continually woken during sleep. The young good looking flight attendants on Emirates were good, but had nothing on the older experienced crew on Qantas.

For some reason I felt safer on Qantas, not sure why? Maybe it's my own insecure thoughts about what's going on in the Middle East? Who knows?

Hats off to the Qantas crew for keeping this train wreck going for now, great service, you should be proud to still be working for Qantas, even though you're working through very trying times. Who knows what the future holds. Keep your head high, it's still a great airline!