PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2014, 16:40
Coconutty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TFO,

"If" I were paying my Council Tax to Birmingham Council, or parked an expensive car in the West Midlands force area,
or had premises there - that might be subject to the type of criminal activity that West Midlands Police decided
were reason enough to extend their Air Support coverage to 24 hours MANY years ago, then YES I personally WOULD
want the aircraft to stay in the area ready to respond, and not be servicing another part of the Country that doesn't
directly affect me, and where the forces covering those areas didn't previously perceive any NEED for 24 hour Air Support,
other than in Life threatening situations, ( when there were Mutual Aid agreements in place to cover those sort of requests ).

However I don't live in the West Midlands force area, ( at the moment ), I don't pay any Council Tax to Birmingham Council,
and don't have any premises there that might get "ram raided", although I do park in their force area area occasionally ,
so I am probably one of the ones that benefits from the former West Mids cab providing a service where I do live,
while the miscreants are free to plunder in Birmingham while they are doing so

Last edited by Coconutty; 7th Sep 2014 at 07:40.