PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 4th Sep 2014, 22:07
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snap.

Funny you should say that, there were many things to think on within the press release; because it was a 'million dollar' meeting. Just the simple fact that Fawcett was not only there, took the lead and the boys had enough sense to let him set the tone was 'the' major victory. The very able support of the AIPA and VIPA presidents added an almost tangible dynamic to the 'credibility gap', Doc Pape and John O'Brien providing a sane, competent face to the discussion. All of this makes the meeting a very real milestone, not just for CVD, but for the return of sanity to Sleepy Hollow. None of this has any intrinsic value I might add.

Once I got past the meat and potatoes, the thought 'wonder what Truss made of it' crept in. He's been at his job a long time and must be inured to folks 'wanting' or selling something within his power and is probably immune to the slobbering of those creatures from the swamps who try to curry favour. But he seems to have a problem seeing through the CASA smoke and mirrors; if ever there was crew to remove those rose coloured glasses, he just met them. I'd hazard a beer he found the experience of 'truth' and the tang of rock solid, professional competence refreshing; and, another to say that with the evidence piling up and CASA credibility crumbling around him; the decisions he must make are becoming much easier, day by day.

The portents and omens are good; if only he could just crack on, preferably before the end of the century. Truss could save himself a lot of time, trouble, heartache and public money if he just let it happen, as it must. Perhaps a quick check of the - scorecard – will galvanise action; it's not looking too good just now.

Toot toot..