PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SKYWEST Airlines said yesterday...
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2003, 21:31
geoffrey thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rubyredlive: MU2 has been gunning for me non-stop with a constant stream of allegations and the abuse of me and others was censored..... check his posts. So please have a look for yourself.
We also said the CTB would get the lease extended...they have no choice in the current market.
"Bums on seats? The rest is just mathematics."
Well maybe but at what price. Its leftover not turnover you know.
Part of Skywest's restructure/business plan was a 7% rise in airfares BUT when Virgin and QF are charging $112 one way Perth to Sydney they face an uphill battle in extracting another 7% on intrastate routes.
The next test for Skywest is the float that I guess they will launch soon. Remember this was the float they wanted to kick off
middle of last year and then in December.
I know a number of large shareholders who will not subscribe. This will be a real challenge for them and the airline's forecasts will be interesting.
Skywest survival depends on key shareholders forking out another $2 million plus. Will they have the nerve?
But I think the real key to this problem is a Skywest/Skippers merger then a public float. That would work in theory BUT there are many roadblocks.
Consider this. Skywest brings the RPT experience and Government blessing while Skippers has the lower end of the market and lower costs. Finally you would have economies of scale.
GT

Last edited by geoffrey thomas; 16th May 2003 at 06:00.