PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - training duration comparison
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2014, 18:03
TheBigD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went through ATP and I turned out OK. The guys that entered ATP who already had 4 year university degrees; for the most part had a better go at it. The reason; ATP doesn't hold your hand in training; so the guys with the degrees knew what we had to do and studied on our own without being prompted.
Arpan, honestly in your case, I would choose the most inexpensive flight school you can find. You will not get a job in the States without a green card. No airline will sponsor you. With that being said, you need to convert your FAA certificates to Indian certificates. Thousands of unemployed CPL holders in India. So my advice is that if your heart is set on an aviation career, find the most inexpensive place to fly that has a good reputation. Forget about flying TAA aircraft; steam gauges in a well maintened C152, PA28 will do the trick. Seriously, I'd look in places in Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana with cheaper costs of living and cheaper flight schools. No need to spend more money on the training because when you get back home the probability is that you will be in the same spot as the thousands of unemployed Indian CPL holders.
Good luck and remember NO regional will hire you without a green card. And in the States to fly for a regional you need a ATP certificate. A real ATP not a eurocentric "frozen" ATP aka. CPL with ATP written exams passed.