PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best way to study to become Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
Old 4th Sep 2014, 17:37
aircrafeng123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to study to become Aircraft Maintenance Engineering

I just finished my A'level exams and received very good grades (A*A*AA).
Hence, I've received a scholarship to study anything I want to at any university in the world.

Now, my passion lies in the aviation industry and it doesn't associate with flying.
From what I hear getting a degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering would do me no good in terms of getting a job in an airline(I'd like to work for an airline, not a company like Airbus or Boeing). So should I go into an apprenticeship program to study for AME?

Or is there a way for me to study to become a LAME along with a degree (from a place other than Kingston)?

Also, how much does a LAME usually earn in an international airline such as Emirates or Singapore Airlines?

What would be the best course of action for me? Should I study for an aeronautical/aerospace engineering degree in UK for 3 years and then do an apprenticeship for AME?

If it helps, I do enjoy mathematics and physics to a great extent (I got my A*s - 90% - in those subjects).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers