Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2014, 16:48
ATNotts

Received 287 Likes on 160 Posts
Balair

ATNotts,

Two of your quotes;

"I ask, it is really wise to fan the flames of "bad publicity", putting Monarch employee's jobs at risk? Personally I consider it bad form, and something that we shouldn't be indulging in in these forums."

"Is this the second or third time this season that Jet2 has closed EMA's runway?
They are going to have to watch themselves, else the national press will get hold of the story, and that could have consequences. I suppose that because Jet2 don't serve London, they aren't that interested though!"

It seems your concerns for airline's employees are rather selective...!
I would take issue with you.

The stuff being put around about Monarch is for the most part half truths and conjecture that could put jobs at risk.

The incident yesterday with Jet2 was FACT, and as I feared the National Press, and BBC are coming forward with barmy reports that won't do Jet2, or, sadly, their employees any good. This isn't the first time that Jet2 has got into the news this year for what could be termed safety related issues. It doesn't take me to put employees jobs at risk, the bad luck (and hopefully it is just bad luck) that Jet2 have suffered has done it on it's own.