PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2014, 12:42
melmothtw

Received 173 Likes on 89 Posts
Many in the west regard Iraq as illegal Mel
They can regard it as illegal all they like Ronald, but the fact is that it wasn't (unlike yourself, I deal in facts). Just ask Russia, they voted for it in the UN. Also, as you said that Russia's invasion of Ukraine was no different from the west's invasion of Iraq, are you saying that you feel Russia's actions are illegal?

As for Libya William Hague said it was about protecting civilians and not about regime change! We all know what happened there. The west removing legitimate leaderships and spreading terrorism as usual.
Earlier you asked me to reassess who I thought the bad guys are. Well, if I ever find myself thinking that Gadaffi, Assad, Hussein et al are the good guys then I'll truly know that my moral compass needs realigning.

You have to remember most of the world organisations are simply western fronts to help keep the west in control
Organisations such as the Illuminati eh Ronald? You really need to go easy on the conspiracy theories. It's curious though how countries all over the world want to join Western organisations (NATO etc), but aren't always so keen to join or remain part of Russian organisations (Warsaw Pact anyone?)

Russia is very much right to bring peace to Ukraine. Maybe they can bring peace to the whole country. It really does not matter if Russian troops are in Ukraine or not.
Russia's peace in Ukraine is the same peace that Germany brought to Austria, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, France, etc.

The Russian troops really are heroes fighting against the evil and injustice of the world.
Having you say that Russian troops are fighting in Ukraine Ronald is as good as official confirmation for me. Straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.

As one can see from Crimea they are welcomed as heroes and liberators from the tyranny and oppression of the Kiev junta
It is a democratically elected government in Kiev, not a junta. Interestingly, the difference between a democratically elected government and a junta can often be gauged by the margin of their victories in elections - in democracies it is usually a surprisingly small percentage victory (say about 40 to 50% depending on the number of parties), whereas in juntas it is usually around 90 to 99%. Now, remind me, where did we see an election victory of 97% recently...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean...ferendum,_2014

Last edited by melmothtw; 4th Sep 2014 at 13:13.