PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - sparkle vision
Thread: sparkle vision
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2003, 20:16
OBK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool sparkle vision

Hello fellow ppruners!

I have a little query, and I am worried that I am the only person suffering from this annoying effect.

Quite recently I have noticed that when I am reading in natural light, or on the computer at any time of the day, I get this kind of tingly vision. It's as though there a little particles floating around what I am trying to look at. I can still read what i am reading but it's not as clear.

Since first recognising this, I haven't been able to surpass it and everytime I look at something I notice it. Is this from using the computer too much? or running my monitor at too low a refresh rate. I have just this second reduced the resolution to 800x600 an increased the refresh rate to 100hz. I have heard 80 was the minimum, where as before I was viewing the screen running at 75hz...for the past few years!

Is it just me, or is this absolutley human like? Another example is looking at the sky and I tend to get sparkle vision quite bad and have to squint my eyes, but that's always been the case. I've only just started to notice the little "tingly spots" as I am studying for my ATPLs and doing a heck of a lot of reading.

Cheers
obk

Last edited by Hawk; 16th May 2003 at 05:06.