PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic 787 registrations
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:26
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which of course only gives currently registered or de-registered aircraft on the UK register, hence the Virgin 787s are not on there yet....
If they're not registered or de-registered then they're not really registrations are they !

From the CAA website :

Registration in the UK can take place once ownership has passed from the foreign manufacturer to the applicant. If the prospective owner applies to register the aircraft before they have actually become the owner, we will send them a form to complete and return to the CAA when they actually become the owner.

There are more than enough spotter websites out there that will list unofficial information on upcoming aircraft.... and even planespotters dot net doens't list the regs yet ! It still shows their status as "on order".

Ownership is not Virgins, thus they have no authority to file registrations. The CAA won't treat Virgin any differently to anyone else. Virgin, like any other prospective owner, can apply for a six month "reservation" of the name.... but that is very different from formal registration and things may change and cause the "reservation" to be null and void since its not guaranteed ! You are also not allowed to display a mark that is merely "reserved" on an aircraft... for obvious reasons !

The original question was very clearly

I looking for the Virgin atlantic 787 registrations
Therefore my pointing to GINFO was correct given the question posted. And the fact nothing was found there is in accordance with CAA rules as shown above, because the only option Virgin have is an informal "reservation".... very different kettle of fish, as outlined.

"Reservation" and "Registration" are two completely independent processes. There is no requirement to "Reserve" before you "Register". They are dealt with on a completely different legal basis and in a completely different manner.

Therefore

Not in this case though. He was wrong,
Is an incorrect statement. I was not wrong. My answering of the original question was 100% correct. Dave Cummings asked about REGISTRATIONS and he got an answer about REGISTRATIONS !

End of story.

Last edited by mixture; 4th Sep 2014 at 10:56.