PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PR-AFA Citation 560 XLS+ fatal plunge on video . Aug 13 2014
Old 4th Sep 2014, 10:09
EatMyShorts!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Dude,

please believe me, I have flown this type for a couple of years.

In the early days of the Citation 560XL, the Swiss Air Force almost lost one, too, after departure from LSZR/Altenrhein. They almost plunged into Lake Constance - same problem. You can find that on the internet, probably even on PPRUNE.

Because of these incidents Cessna came up with a modification that makes any stabilizer movement impossible with the airspeed being greater than 215 knots. The official limit for the first step of flaps respectively raising them is 200 knots.

Speculation MAY be now that this restriction failed. Or maybe it really was another hardware failure, who knows. In general Cessna makes really solid aircraft, I always had a good time flying the XL/XLS.

@Mac: You seem to have some inside information!? How would you know that no elevator movement was executed? And what about the explosion: eyewitnesses - especially in plane accidents - see and hear a lot, but not what really happened. I am sceptical, but open to facts, sure!