PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2014, 09:10
Dihedral1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch the Trend

For persons interested in Vietnam in general!
Watch the trend....
In China, Spring Air (being private and profit driven) was first to revamp their contract, you can earn $18.8K net on a 6/3 contract. West Air, Lucky, Beijing Capital, Hainan and China Southern all followed suit.
Air Arabia today's announces new commuting contracts in ME, how long before nameless, EK and QR are forced to do the same?
Korean Air has been advertising for the last 7 years (you would think it's the worlds largest airline) Asiana advertising as well.
A bunch of carriers in Japan advertising, pretty basic, all commuting, but nobody is going, hear JCAB is reviewing the 6 months of training to something more realistic.
Vietjet, Jetstar and VNA all offer a pretty basic contract at 6/2 10.8K (320/321), resorting to poaching local pilots, as expats not responding well in almost 2015 to what was on offer in 2007. (Despite central bankers fear of deflation, I have seen some pretty big inflationary advances in prices Globally in those 7-8 years).
Sorry Peze, in the last 6 months I haven't seen nearly the complaints out of China, that I used to, I think they are waking up to the requirement to treat expats decently (are there still complaints, sure, but Beijing's Global plans call for a robust Aviation Market, so it will improve).
Vietnam operates on looking at today.. Today we haven't parked any planes, but.. (36 widebodies plus more 321 and ATR @ VN), 60 firm, options for 32 @ Vietjet, Jetstar growing from modest 5 to 18 a/c. So there is a lot of demand and relatively little interest...
To put this in perspective, VN has a population 3 times the size of Canada but all 3 airlines in Vietnam don't add to the size of West Jet, much less Air Canada (fleet numbers).
So hold off, something better (contract wise) will have to be offered.
They won't let Gulf carriers and Air Asia/X steal their home market...
Someone asked how long will they hire expats, my response how long has Saudi Air been hiring expats??
Anyway vacation finished back to the grind. Talk again in 6 weeks..

Last edited by Dihedral1; 4th Sep 2014 at 09:21.