PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Spex
Thread: New Spex
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2003, 19:49
Stallturn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Spex

The firm gave me eycare vouchers for a free eyesight test a few weeks ago. The lady who did it said ....(who did the eye test..ok?) you need glasses made to this prescription. I was then shown an array of frames at around £150 then when I balked, £99 to £60 to £40 and the £25 bottom of the range. I chose at the £40 mark, and they said as the prescription was for 'readers' to correct near vision, it would not make much sense to take up the promotional offer of a free pair of matching prescription sunglasses! Instead I chose anti-reflective and scratch coating FOC instead of £45+ . The compnay paid £50 of it, but I think I should now be kicking myself, since it occured to me that , now I have been 'prescribed' glasses, I'm supposed to have a spare pair with me on the flight deack at all times when PIC. Right? If so, damn it all I shoudl have realised I could have got the second pair untinted ! What are the possibilites of using off the shelf readers that are failry close to my prescription? Just to maintain legality that is! or will I have to get a second pair now?