PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2014, 08:37
Peter47

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very interesting all round & I would be interested to hear others views & comments. My view (along I know a number of others) is that VS has been mismanaged for a while. I was wondering if a 49% minority stake would be enough for DL to make changes but it appears that it is. Perhaps SRB has seen the light & taking more of a back seat. A bright future for VS?

I wonder if the problem with YVR is that being a summer only operation VS cannot agree commercial contracts with major customers. I can't see how summer only ORD makes sense & DL does not have a major presence there. I would have thought operate it year round or not at all.

The trouble with NRT is that UK - Japan market is about half what it was twenty years ago & with a BA/JL joint venture serving both NRT & HND things must be tough for VS.

Presumably Lagos, DXB, PVG & HKG are profitable. I wonder about the last without the traffic to/from SYD but I presume that it works as it is a massive O&D market.

Does anyone see any problems with customers booking DL & receiving VS service or vice versa? I'm not saying that one is better but they are different brands and it could cause confusion. I know upset pax who thought that they were flying BA & were actually travelling AA.

Last edited by Peter47; 4th Sep 2014 at 08:39. Reason: remove double spacings between paras & general tidy up