PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Throw in the towel?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 21:30
patryan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throw in the towel?

Hi my names pat and im currently completing my private pilot licence in Ireland, ive around nine to ten hours of flying completed, im completing my ppl in a local school where i live. Basically im writing this in hope of some advice with the situation im in. Recently my instructor has been getting quite frustrated with me during my lessons he constantly makes remarks on how i take so long to complete my walk arounds and my pre-flight inspections and paper work, he also makes remarks on how i find it difficult to do simple mental mathematical calculations in my head. Ive tried to block out the negative criticism but recently it has really started to bug me, i sometimes dread to turn up for my lesson becouse of it. Due to the bad weather during the summer i haven't been flying as frequent as i would of liked to, i usually get to do a lesson once every 3 weeks due to weather and work commitments and collage. I really do enjoy flying and i am really enthusiastic to learn, but the constant comments on my errors every lesson is really starting to bug me. He also made remarks on how slow its taking for me to catch onto things and that i should really rethink if completing my ppl is a good idea. So basically im asking ye guys out there for some advice for the situation im in, should i stick with it and not give up or should i take the advice from in instructor in throw in the towel!

thanks