PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 19:17
Australopithecus

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts
...on rhe other hand, I believe that Joyce is a symptom of the disease called Clifford. In criminology it is an article of both faith and astonishment that psycopaths find each other. Since approximately 1% of the population, or roughly 70 million people, are phsycopaths, it follows that many of them will percolate to the upper echelons of business, riiding on their natural attributes of charm and glibness.

I believe, given Clifford's insistence that unions must be crushed and worker's rights trampled, that he is the driving force behind the distorted world view that Qantas management currently operates. Joyce, and his lieutenants, are merely the puppets of a larger malevolence.

The business press are finally waking to the falsehood of the "narrative de jour" nature of Joycean pronouncements...and those of his minions. Joyce has exhausted all of his plausible excuses for failure, and his diminutive charm and Irish begorah are now bankrupt. But Joyce is not the real problem:I contend that he is simply the current handy proxy for Clifford; much like a seasoned criminal grooms an acolyte to perform the messy business of trigger-pulling, Clifford has promoted a patsy who shares his cynical world view, an ally in the struggle to convert the Qantas treasury into their own oersonal wealth. All with the gormless aquiescence of the fund managers.

I know with clarity the endeavours which I shall coach my progeny to pursue. Hint:it ain't anything useful or productive, but it does have an MBA at the end.