PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sims that look like the aircraft
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2003, 17:20
moggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Linda - I couldn't agree more. If the FNPT II is EXACTLY like the aeroplane then you make an easier, more effective and more cost efficient transition from one to the other. That is why ours are actual aircraft cockpits configured to exactly the same spec as our aeroplanes (which are all, incidentally, to the same fit - again, continuity is so important).

A good FNPT II (MCC) can do so much more than the minimum - we don't just do MCC courses, we do Jet Orientation Courses which use the motion system and explore a great deal more of the SOP and airmanship skills that the airlines require.

OK, so as WWW says ours is a bizjet, but it flys in a VERY similar fashion to a 737, we operate it to 737 profiles and with an EFIS fit that is very similar to the BA 737-400 it makes a great transition tool. It was also previously certified as a full flight simulator which means that it was required to have a much higher degree of funtionality and fidelity than an FNPT II (MCC) - and although only certified to the lower standard, all that funtionality and fidelity is still there to make the training more realistic.

It has a control column sticking out of the floor and two turbojet engines - more like the likely simcheck device than a KingAir or A320 FNPT II, I would suggest (most people seem to use 737 sims form my experience).

Craftsmanship counts, of course, but a skilled craftsman can do so much more with good quality tools!!!!

WWW: Did you ever get to fly our hawker before you left for easyCome, easyGo?