PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - conversion to canadian licence
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 06:18
Ramjet555

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flydive 1,
Great Answers, keep it up.

And for the record, the Rules here in Canada have not changed a great deal.
I did an Initial IFR, a PPC BEFORE I was given a job, that got me my first job banging around in a PA31.

Lots of renewals and PPC's since then.

No, I'm not currently employed but have just renewed my Canadian Instructor Rating but will probably only do it part time
due to other commitments that I won't post here.

I could however get one of numerous jobs on offer flying a King Air... which for me is a lot easier than getting even
a part-time job instructing which is what I would prefer as I like instructing...

I may also take a job south of the boarder doing multi-Ifr training if a few positive things happen here.

I stand by my advice regarding Canada and I'm aware of many other pilots, Canadian who have had
similar experiences.

One I was talking to day, did several overseas tours in the military, medals, and would give the same advice.

I've lost count of the number of pilots who have lost their careers due to the same cause that they did
nothing to deserve such treatment.

I'm more than happy to provide guidance to any foreigner coming to Canada on how to navigate the system.

It's a great place to fly and its lots of good experience that may not be similarly available overseas.

Wow, its bed time..

Last edited by Ramjet555; 3rd Sep 2014 at 06:29.