PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2014, 05:59
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
‘The bureaucracy virus.’

Top catch "K".. ..this bit sounds oh so familiar.. (my bold)

"...While the airmen lost their cases before the NTSB Administrative Law Judge, the full Board dismissed the FAA’s case, finding the airmen had been actually prejudiced by the FAA’s three-year delay..."

And the typical disbelief quite often witnessed here in the course of many an AAT hearing...

"...I still can’t understand why the FAA needed the NTSB to tell it that it was patently unfair to revoke the certificates of two airmen three years after it learned of alleged violations and after they had worked on airliners for those three years..."

John Goglia is quite obviously a true industry advocate and it is definitely worth regurgitating many of his articles…

For now though, I wish to pay kudos to a journo, of the local variety, that in one opinion piece totally sums up the ‘Yes Minister’ syndrome that afflicts the halls, offices and five star restaurants of Cantberra where the political elite and bureaucratic Mandarins gorge on taxpayer funded troughs…

Miranda Devine - Insulation batts scandal: A Rudd in the roof -

Love this bit..

“…The bureaucracy virus has seeped into every orifice of this country — from the bloated human resources departments of corporations to the vast ranks of public servants busy spinning their wheels, to the unnatural addiction Australia has for consultants — making us the 2nd highest user in the world of McKinsey-style hot shots. It’s all easier than actually doing something useful, but it’s killing us…”

Hmm..not a good look (for pumpkin head) RED and his cronies!

MTF…