PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 61 "traps for young players"
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 23:07
spinex

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
MIHC we're probably at different places on the same page. I did the whole thing back to front, PPL years ago, made a start on a CPL then realised that I'd be competing with kids 10 years younger than me and probably forever poor so gave it away. When the bug bit again I took myself off to the various GA schools wanting someone to get me current, never felt like such a nuisance in all my life, they had no interest in anyone who didn't see themselves flying an airliner in due course. Tripped over an RA school (some dual qualified but not all) and am not too proud to say that I learnt quite a lot while I got my eye back in and had a lot of fun in the process. At the time, I had no need for CTA nor more than 1 pax so it suited me just fine.

I've also seen the tone of enquiries on various sites, but a part of that is thanks to the approach CASA has been taking at the roadshows and I'm quite sure some people are going to come to earth with a bump (figuratively I hope) when they try and cope with a different aircraft, atc, more complex airfields etc, all at once. Not all though and for some the transition should be virtually seamless, eg same aircraft type and OCTA if that's all they need for the moment.