PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 20:03
av8r76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What exactly is the point of having minimums then? Just fly down to airport elevation by cross checking heights with DME or follow the GS all the way down. Why bother with CAT 1, 2, 3 or let's add 4 just for your exemplary skills and insightful interpretation of the regs. And at 20 feet IF you don't have rwy in sight go around. Isn't that what these two guys did? Or shall we go with a self determined minimum which each pilot is comfortable with?

You might like playing chicken with terra firma but I will do it like it is done the world over as mandated by local and internationally mandated norms and regulations....Visual reference by MDA/DA. If not, I get the hell out of there.

I will echo grinning simians point that you really don't belong anywhere close to the pointy end of any airplane. You have in a span of a few posts single handedly destroyed the fundamental requirements of continuing an approach. I seldom contribute to any threads but this bulls#*$t you are spewing needs to be stopped.