PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirTanker First Officers
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 18:44
3engnever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIFF Ident,

You are, of course, absolutely right. The problem is that the 330 MPS is a tanker MPS not a receiver one. This very simple difference has bought about all of the issues you raise. Unfortunately there is little we can do in this version to change that and I fear the underlying structure of the system will prohibit it in the future.

Thank you for some positive comments though, rarely heard on PPRuNe. The plan now is to get using it ASAP and then see what really needs changing. Both I and ADS are aware of the operators shopping list, I have come up with most of it. We now need to prioritise and see what is essential and what we can live with. Like any new system, the operator needs time to adjust, analyse and then put forward the proposed changes. As Beags has indicated throughout, the 310 MPS was not perfect at the start, however, over time changes have been made, new functionality added and now the system is much improved. Having seen both systems there are benefits of each and I think learning from each other would be the way forward if only we could get industry to be so accommodating!!