PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 18:15
CamelRustler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not the place.

What have the Romans ever done for us. Yes, cheap shots is a different forum. Here is not the place, and in fact gives any future comments you may make less credibility. HTC, as I believe you have alluded to, this is a different company depending on what fleet you are on. I look at my roster every month and wonder how EK expects me to do this. If it was a one off thing fine. However, month after month after month of midnight India in monsoon, flipping my schedule between day and night a dozen times every month. 8 maybe 9 days off every month. (Half of which are single days.) You do not work for this EK. I do, and its exhausting, and it sucks. So every little thing become an annoyance. Even down to the stupid flight bag. I loved my flight bag. I miss my flight bag. We were good friends for 20 years. This new thing is a giant murse with wheels. Its made for male pursers, not pilots. I remember when we got the 14 week profit share and there were people on here complaining it was not enough. There will always be those people. But a lot of us who are unhappy have very good reason. I do understand the happy people. If I was left seat 380 I would work for the "Happy" EK too. I could golf, see my kids, go boating for the weekend. Have a weekend. I never speak up in wash-ups because it is like pissing into the wind. At least for the big stuff. I think most people get this and just save their breath. How many times have you heard, "The schedules are going to get better." So to people reading this outside EK, understand which EK you will be working for when you apply. Understand when they tell you will be flying 70-75 hours a month with an average of 12-14 days off it could be true, or not. Yes I don't like it here. Yes I will be leaving when I get my ducks sorted. I wanted to stay here, but I also want to live past 52.

Last edited by CamelRustler; 2nd Sep 2014 at 18:45.