PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 18:00
despegue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tightcircuit,

Yes, I read the report.
And luckily, yes, I know my legislation, and as Captain, I luckily realize that COMMON SENSE takes over from anything written in a dubious form or omitted, by the people who have never flown an aircraft ( like you I am certain), and put the safety of my aircraft, crew and passengers first.

The PIC claimed he had the Approach lights in sight. Well, RWY09 in DPS does not have approach light system. The PIC was thus lying during his post accident interview. FACT.
If you see approach lights at minima ( and minimum three by the way so you have a 3 dimensional reference,) it means that visual contact with the runway is imminent. If not...

If at ANY point during any approach below the DA/MDA you lose contact with the touchdown zone of the runway, you GO AROUND immediately. BASIC airmanship AND written in any FCOM.
If these jokers imply that you can land manually without a Vertical precision guidance and without full visual contact with the touchdown zone, you belong FAR away from any type of aircraft, you should probably not even be allowed to ride a bike due to an astonishing lack of Safety consciousness and intelligence.
Since when is an omission or unclarity in a manual a reason to totally forego decisionmaking, safety and airmanship?!