PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet Switzerland
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 15:00
Bob Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At the risk of causing a certain amount of furore, the original question was not to do with the handling characteristics of aircraft, but the salary of the EZS First Officers on the paid by the hour scheme.

Firstly, I DO NOT work for EZS, but I know a couple of the guys doing this, and they are most certainly not making CHF4500.00 before tax. Over summer they have been doing between 70 and 90 hours, and with expenses (paid by the company inc paid for STBY, positioning, out of base overnights etc) they have been grossing well in excess of CHF8000.00 per month.

Yes, they pay tax on this...so does everyone. They are also fully employed, get pensions, and all the insurances and social cover that a normal employee in Switzerland gets.

They are also paid a minimum amount over winter just in case the hours are low...last Winter it was not low.

Irrespective of whether one agrees with the process, the dive to the bottom of the pot in aviation etc etc, please ensure that you make decisions based on REAL information, and not hearsay and rumour (ok it is a rumour network I admit!).

I cannot sya whterh EZS are good to work for, or not, I don't work there, but they do appear to apply the process fairly, and my friends are really vey happy...and yes they paid for the TR themselves!