PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 13:15
WASALOADIE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was "fortunate" to serve part of my apprenticeship under the wing of Pedro when I was on LXX. Pin holes in paper cups approx. 1 cm under the rim, boot polish on the sextant eyepiece, chains and tensioners in the crew bags, sewing kit overtime on hems of blue uniform, pen-knife on seams so that when the unlucky target put them on, a rip was heard complete with red face, tampons in tomato soup, Duty Free's decanted and replaced with similar looking fluids, walking down the back of a packed aircraft in a towel, shower cap with loofah and pretending to have a shower with emergency water behind the elsan screen, cling-filming the co-pilot to his seat for the duration of a flight, filling his boots with dry ice and dropping the galley floor so that when the crew looked around there was a pair of smoking boots. Best of all that I witnessed was hostie outfit complete with blonde wig, high heels & lipstick despatching a stick of para's. The looks on the para's faces as they turned and exited was priceless!

RIP Pedro