PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Everybody should be able to pilot an aircraft
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 13:15
subsonicsubic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually had the opposite thought. Having an aircraft to yourself is the bollocks. My instructor was a lovely chap but I was his first student. I loved flinging the thing around at low speed and high bank angles. Obviously my instructor didn't appreciate this.

He obviously didn't realize that I was Top Gun material and his slovenly 152 didn't cut the mustard.

We reached a compromise zipping through a valley following an ever tightening river.

Kelly wasn't waiting for me but I'd experienced a number of accelerated stalls and re-assessed my limits.

Get rid of the instructor as soon as you can. Then you will learn to bring he /she back for the things you really need to learn.

I started planning solo flights that required his knowledge. He was happy to answer my calls off the books.

I took the Cessna all around the Philippines, but then needed his help hot n high.

I know I'm rambling, but fly as much as you can solo. You learn so much more from your mistakes and especially being Sh87t scared.

Best,

SSS