PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best headset for beginner/student pilot?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 13:07
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's true that you can't really go wrong with a DH, Bose or Sennheiser but they're all at the expensive end of the scale.

I, for one, am very happy with my SkyLite SL-900 and I know a lot of pilots at my club are. One of the club members became some sort of unofficial dealer when he ordered a whole bunch in one go, for a discount, so quite a few club members have them now.

You can get them direct from the factory or through the factory eBay account (flyskylite). On one occasion I've had to deal with their customer support and they were very helpful.

Mine are over seven years old by now, and I fly 40-50 hours annually. The only thing I've had to fix so far were the gel seals, when they started to flake and leak recently. A replacement pair, ordered through eBay directly from the factory, was about 20 euros incl. P&P, and took a week or so to arrive.

They also do child headsets which are the same quality as the SL-900, but are about 30% smaller, and come in blue or pink. Great for kids or smaller people.