PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirTanker First Officers
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 12:52
3engnever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beags,

I just think that you are bang out of order with your assessment of my position. I have worked very hard to make this system better, and push for significant changes to make it better. If you think that we have just sat back and allowed ADS to get away with it, you are very much mistaken, we have made a lot of changes in the last year to get to where we are today.

In terms of working backwards, it is exactly the same as we did with AARWIN. I am pretty sure that we can now define a bkt start point now and then the system works out the AP, so effectively dragging and dropping.

We can also use user defined wind components for both enroute and diversion leg planning, we can change the AP Airfield in flight without having to conduct a complete replan, obviously we can use stat and real time met for both planning and replanning purposes as well as a number of additional FMS MPS upgrades.

The system has moved on, it is not perfect as I have said numerous times, however, I believe that it is now in a positions where we can use it.

I know that this will not change your position on ATr, ADS, the MPS or the Voyager Service for that matter, however, I do take offence at being personally criticised on a public forum when there really is no need or justification. If you want to go down that line I would be more than happy to discuss face to face (in a non aggressive way over a beer maybe!)