PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 10:03
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glofish

And that's the point. It was almost half the class and it did indeed prove poisonous. People often use these days as opportunities to vent and nothing wrong or unusual in that, providing it doesn't take over the subject. The perfect storm was that there were so many 'suspects' in the one class. One or two whiners perhaps, but 7? Regardless of the mainly negative posts on these forums, I do not believe this a true percentage representation of pilots opinion.

My frustration is spending a day listening to this garbage when I'm rostered to refresh CRM. I get no credit pay. I can work with that providing the day proves useful and I learn something. The biggest concern too is the few relatively new F/O's who didn't know what had hit them. When statements are made such as "any decision you make in this Company will be wrong", how the hell can guys enhance their professional abilities and have the confidence to make common sense decisions when they upgrade? That statement came from the F/O (ex RAF) who obviously felt Command was his right. The guy was a **** basically and was intent on using his own distorted bias to influence those less vocal. Because he'd failed his first attempt (no doubt more to do with attitude than ability), everyone else should be screwed too. What a jerk.

When you also have an 8 year Captain moaning that they had to go on leave two days late because we don't fly a daily service to Toronto, you kinda get the message where this day went!

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 2nd Sep 2014 at 10:14.