PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windfarms
Thread: Windfarms
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 08:58
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
while not a fan of wind turbines, nothing like standing on the top of Mt Perisher, in awe of the inspiring vistas before me, until i see the huge wind far right in the middle of the best part of the view...

though they are great nav fixes.

i am more a fan of Solar, but not a fan of being forced to accept a far lower rate for the energy i produce, i feel we should be paid the wholesale rate that the large energy providers receive, but the last thing the big companies want is homeowners taking their profits. and can fortunately pay lobbyists to ensure it stays that way..

but the question im posing, what kind, if any,would such a development below have on Aviation?

If solar energy was bought from providers at the wholesale rate as paid to large generators, then we would see far more of this, solar covered car parks...

or projects like this..

then we would have little or no use for coal burners, Hydro and maybe small Nuke power plants for base load power.

as for nuke being very very bad? what happened to Hiroshima? and Nagasaki? are they nuclear wastelands dead for 1000's of years as predicted? doesn't get much worse than nuked in the military sense of the word... and i hear the French have great technology in Nuclear waste disposal, considering most of the country is powered by it..