PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 07:55
Dihedral1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luke hits the target

Luke's pretty much got the bases covered.
Without trying to offend, if your looking for Swiss Precision, German Engineering or Zero MELs....
I have looked at Korean Air planes, that are not new but seem immaculate. Unfortunately looking at our 777s doesn't leave you feeling warm and fuzzy..
Luke dealt with the infrastructural issues before, Vietjet and even Jetstar are all on fairly aggressive expansion drives, alongside the planned doubling of the WB fleet size at VN. (Delays, frustration, schedule changes, but that's everywhere I guess)
After Indonesia, Vietnam, I think is the next largest growing aviation market in the world, so I suspect, for a good few years to come, there will be opportunities within the Commercial Aviation Market, along with the Private Jet Market (very soon), we have expats now flying Grand Caravans on Floats between tourists spots.
Anybody looking to come here must be flexible, as that is how the Vietnamese treat all things- Red light! No worries, I'll just mount the sidewalk (pedestrians be damned) and bypass that silly thing whilst going in the opposite direction to the flow of traffic...
China offers some very good money, because the need is so great and their CAAC seem to hinder rather than facilitate expat hiring..
I would say to guys, if your not desperate for a job right now!!
Hold off, there is a pilot crisis looming (Vietjet is already poaching pilots, and VN have responded with more pay and vacation for local pilots) the first offering from VN in response to a new expat contract has been met, with a very cool reception (Spring air et al being beneficiaries) especially on the 321.
Already the manning on the 321 is at critical levels, it won't take much to get to the point that flights are canceled. Then, we will see a reasonable contract, maybe even a signing bonus for the the newcomers..