PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windfarms
Thread: Windfarms
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2014, 02:30
rutan around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a personal note, the fact they require more 'dirty' energy to manufacture, than 'clean' energy that they will ever produce in their life, renders them kind of pointless to me.
How can a supposedly intelligent pilot spout such bullsh*t. If you're too lazy to research the so called facts at least use some common sense. How could the amount of energy produced over many years be less than that required to construct it. If you're referring to the mess made mining rare earth metals then thats a greed problem not an energy problem. ( Just the same as the mess left by coal miners )

While using common sense you should ask yourself where these anti clean energy stories are coming from.

Lazy repetition of untrue BS is how OWTs start and look what that has cost our industry over the years.

Only 30% efficient some earlier post lamented. So what. My aircraft engine is only 30% efficient too. It cost $50K and in it's lifetime will burn 5 times it's original cost in fuel. At least with wind turbines the meter is running the right way.

Enough for now. I'm sure the sun is over the yard arm. (and my solar panels---Kachung )