PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 1st Sep 2014, 21:33
OmegaV6

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Smudge .. that story is applied to nearly every Loadie who had "character" .. but I believe the original predates even Pedro by some years ... First time I heard it, B*** D*****d was the Loadie and it was in The Gambia ...

Pete will be remembered for, as already mentioned .. his penchant for attacking flying gloves with nail clippers and condiments; ping pong balls at the navs station (before AAR was invented); the things he did with your luggage ( especially after the ladies joined the fleet); and numerous other pranks .. but my favourite story of all ...

In the days when we had to change into "blues" before leaving the frame ....on a fairly long trip ...A rather loud and rotund captain, who would "fill up" from the galley during the descent to avoid having to spend on the ground ... Pete has to stay behind to supervise loading etc .... said captains flying suit is attacked on a daily basis with some very subtle needle and thread work on the side seams ....after 6 days the meal choice has become salads, snacks are declined, water is the beverage of choice ... after a few more days even beer on the ground is being limited .... rumour had it that said captain actually started to lose weight !!!! but with a lack of scales he thought it was still increasing ....