PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 20:34
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Without any doubt, there are many pilots at BA whose motivation to fly isn't they actually are! It's called self realisation or self actualisation. It's this passion that motivates them to challenge their roofs; the desire and absolute commitment to 'to fly to serve' if you like . You will be surprised how much people can do when they are driven by love.
There might well be but I'll add to what bex88 and FANS might be hinting towards here. I remember waiting on the staff bus outside the Jury's at Heathrow, readying myself for a blast in the 744 sim for DEP entry. I met a 14 year part time long haul SFO. He lived in a far off dimension, no real clue about the 'real' airline world dominated by RyanJet and EasyAir. Told me he never actually liked the job and it was a toss up between being a doctor and a pilot, but as BA were footing the bill he got into the 'flying lark.' Said he could cope with the part time and the odd trip to Sydney. Had zero interest in command, on any fleet at any stage.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 1st Sep 2014 at 21:47.