PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 1st Sep 2014, 20:24
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a stranger in Paradox. La dah de de dum.

WF.."Now if only more people would think like you in Europe, the cad test would be just confined to a museum..."
This is perhaps one of the worst, among the many travesties the current PMO has committed against the aviation community. When the Denison 'test' case findings were handed down the Avmed crew at the time were determined to expand the research and promote the findings. After 25 years the world could have adopted the Australian standard, at least for civil pilots, the relaxed ruling supported by facts and research.

Creamy – lets suppose a meeting with the minuscule could be arranged to discuss the subject; (i) What do we 'want' from the meeting? < and (ii) what could we realistically expect the minuscule do? (if indeed he could be persuaded to 'do' anything).

The notion you suggest of simply abiding by the rules seems to be a 'sound' solution and goes to the heart of real 'reform' in both spirit and intent. Is that enough? what's to stop the old Pooh-Shambollic regime from finding a back door and setting off on the same regressive journey again. A simple solution would be to fire the buggers as part of the reform package and start again, gods know Avmed needs an overhaul. The department taken back to 'tors' and performing original design function would save a shed load, keeping Avmed out of the AAT would save another; especially if DAME were trusted to sign off the certificate.

It's a strange little excursion this CVD thing, I still can't quite define the "Why" of it. But then again; I'm easily puzzled.

Exeunt: stage right, scratching head and mumbling.