PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 20:03
tophat27dt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I still cannot understand Easyjet's decision to stop the Krakow route this month. The loads have been very impressive, and in July I think it was 95% load factor. On their website, they remind Krakow passengers, without any sympathy, that there are seats available from Gatwick instead. But that route has also done well. So assuming there might be 15 empty seats, what about the remaining 140 passengers? Are Easyjet willing to lose them over to another airline? Nobody at Stobarts, Easyjet or the local press have made a statement explaining why a sucessful route is stopping permanently. I expect Jersey and Ibiza will be dropped for the winter, but what will be the trend? New routes? I can't see this happening with EZY.

Stobart Air have been brave to venture into the near Europe market. Rennes, Caen and Groningen were always going to be reasonably supported, but it will be intersting to see the loads during the winter months. Antwerp not surprisingly is up against a lot of competition into London, and my guess that would be the first one to be dropped and replaced.

Regarding the Berne service, let's give the airline a chance to convince its clients to use SEN instead of LCY. It's a big gamble I know, but wish them luck. If they succeed, maybe others will follow.