PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Horse-play in the Mess
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 17:03
MAINJAFAD

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
The other occasion was 29 Sqn inviting a piglet into a Dining In when WW was Stn Cdr. I understand that the sense of humour was tried to the full. But still, no careers were ruined on that occasion!
AKA Operation Pink Rabbit (Courtney Mil's description of the event is hilarious)

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviat...ml#post6824605

Which I may add is not quite in the same league as Arson or discharging firearms and explosive devices indoors (the first time I heard of Piano burning, the story also involved dodgems with real cars in the Offices Mess car park (the most damaged car got burnt with the Piano), plus somebody discharging both barrels of a 12 bore into the ceiling of the Officers mess foyer). The funnest story about Piano burning however the last one that got torched at Coltishall. A work colleague's wife worked as a mess hand in the Officer's mess there and he was sitting in the car park waiting to pick her up at the end of the evening. While there he observed the Station master (Air Commodore, detached) and the acting station master (Group Captain) outside the main entrance was having a blazing shouting match on wherever the Piano was going to be burnt or not (The Air Commodore was the man wanting said event to happen, which of course it did). The Group Captain got his revenge later though.