PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOPA election results
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2003, 07:14
Bill Pike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff,
There is very little disagreement in AOPA about what rules we want. There is much disagreement about which accounting procedures to use, that gets the press, and while good governance is important of course, almost nothing is less relevant to AOPA's goals. I do not disagree that perhaps AOPA should put a counter proposal before Parliament, it is a novel idea, and I am chewing around it. I am saying though that CASA have been charged by the Minister with the task, they know exactly what we want, but they also know exactly what they want, and have ignored us, There doesn't appear to be any reason for them to listen. We have argued each point with them, as for example when I argued for the less restrictive US oxygen rules, as agreed so long ago between AOPA and the then Director of Aviation Medicine Dr Liddell, the proposal was dismissed because "the US only have those rules because they have high mountains to get over." My ability to continue meaningful discussions with such without an independent arbiter is almost at an end.