PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windfarms
Thread: Windfarms
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2014, 12:48
Stikybeke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Yr Right,
After reading some of the information in your posts I've done some research into what court cases etc are out there in Australia regarding windfarms near airfields.

I was fascinated to learn that a body called the Airport and Aviation Protection Group exists which is appearing to take on this issue. This has been kept pretty quiet but if you google search that name you'll see that it was formed back in 2008 in response to a windfarm that was being built near the Crookwell airfield in NSW. Within this material is also reference to a policy statement about this they released and their subsequent interactions with the regulator.

Anyone can read this stuff as it's on the net but until tonight I'd never heard of this group. Are you involved with them as that would account for your knowledge as written, some of which is recorded in what I read.

I guess you must have something to do with the Crookwell area which would also account for your RFS stuff you've shared given the fires around there over the years. I don't remember seeing any windfarm around there but next time I'm overhead I'll be looking. Oh and yes, I've also fessed up for scud running in these posts but learnt my lesson. Thanks. Sticky