PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting a flying job - Uni or Work ???
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2002, 17:27
feetnkneestogether

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Here, here Perfect PFL.. .We hear all the time of wannabes aged 17/18 - 21 who are just mad, desparate keen to get into aviation.. .The fact is we're all mad, desparate keen to get into a flying job but the realities of life means you can't always have what you want, or at least not until you have sweated blood.. .Life is long and if you plan it from an early age you will definitely get there. You just have to be patient & apply yourself.. .Perfect PFL has made the point perfectly.. .Having completed a Uni degree, got some free flying, some more life experience, responsibilty for the self (and some Command for others -UAS (?)) and experience in the working world. ...and still only 22/23 ? . .Who in their right mind is going to hire a 19 year old to flying a £50m B737 with 150 lives on board!?! I know there are a lucky few but they were obviously outstanding individuals in their short lives. . . . .In this day and age you MUST have a Degree if you want to get into a job at a high enough level to get accelerated into a position of responsibility (and therefore good pay bracket) where you can either spend it flying, or, pay for house, family & kids in another career.. .. .Trislander, I know I probably sound like your Dad but believe me you have plenty of time to do both. Enjoy Uni, it's great, aviation will still be there when you lurch out the other side.. .That CV's got to have more on it than Air Cadets and computer club !! . .. .Good Luck