PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multicom vs area frequency
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2014, 03:33
Captain Nomad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Remember the early NAS changes when it was decided to remove the Area frequency boundary lines off the VFR charts and randomly print the frequencies on them? Common sense eventually prevailed and the boundary lines returned. Without the boundary lines printed the VFR aircraft certainly had more difficulty trying to be on the correct area frequency. I don't see how hard it can be these days really. A competent, properly prepared VFR pilot should know when to change area frequencies. With Oz Runways and such there is even less excuse these days.

As long as people tell me about themselves and we can mutually arrange to keep ourselves separated, I'll be pleased.
I was at a registered aerodrome with its own CTAF just recently with cloudy/showery weather around. After making IFR taxi calls on CTAF/Area and entering/backtracking runway call the first I heard of an arriving VFR single was when he was practically overhead as I was rolling causing a rapid change of departure planning on the fly. Apparently he hadn't heard any of my previous calls... All the rules in the world won't stops these things from happening unfortunately...