PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are all pilots @ EK so unhappy?
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2014, 11:17
Al Murdoch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I think Ryanair pilots should pay for their PPCs every 6 months. After all they paid for their training.
And with that mentality, why would you ever be happy anywhere? If you are a negative person generally and seek to concentrate on the downsides to your life and seek to find fault with other people's decisions in life, then that's upto you. Please don't project your unhappiness onto me.
All I can speak about is my own experience. And it is a fact that I don't know anybody amongst my friends who is unhappy here. Yes, as I said, there are issues that niggle, but personally I try not to let them get to me.
If you want to sit on the flight deck complaining the whole day, things are going to feel pretty crappy for you and the poor unfortunate that has to listen to you. When I hear sentences that begin with "I know for a FACT" I tend to switch off. I can only go on how I am treated and that, so far, has been pretty good.
Part of the problem here is that some people come to Dubai thinking that they are going to be living a Hollywood lifestyle. Well if you are on one salary and you have a family to support, guess what, it's not going to be like that. Tennis lessons for the kids are as expensive here as they are in Berlin, Amsterdam, wherever. If you also expect to be going out to top restaurants and spending a fortune on seeing celebrity DJs etc etc then life is not going to be cheap, so do your homework, find out what you expect your life to be like. Research your questions with real pilots & visit Dubai. Make your own mind up - don't listen to me or anybody else on the internet.