PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Hire at Jandakot
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2014, 06:07
Virtually There

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends what you want to fly and whether private hire or dual.

The cheapest and probably best value 172s are Curtin Flying Club's (caveat: I'm a member) at $220 an hour for CYQ and $240 for KXW (G1000 glass cockpit). Uni Flying Club (Piper Sport) is now affiliated with CFC, so being a member of one club gives you access to the other.

Rentaplane has a couple of quick Comanches (160kts) for $290 wet, including landing fees - which makes them particularly cheap on a dollar-mile basis (the PA24s also carry up to 6 people). They also have a $260 Mooney (wet, including fees).

Racwa prices aren't too bad if you're a member on private hire - though the fleet is getting on a bit.

Air Australia seems to have similar prices to Racwa member rates, but slightly cheaper dual rates.

Minovation has similar prices - but with Pipers instead of Cessnas - and their dual rates are probably cheapest compared to private hire. Not as much choice as some others, but good for basic training.

ACFT seems to be at the upper end of the scale, but their planes tend to be newer. I think they share their fleet with Thunderbirds. They've got a good sim.

There are a few other private hires along the strip - hopefully others will add to this list - but the above are the ones I've dealt with.