PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine Crisis 2014
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2014, 03:01
rh200

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its amazing to the the microcosm of similarity between small societal social issues and the large ones.

In our society we are slowly going down hill, lethargy and a not my problem attitudes or its somebodies else problem combined with I might get hurt excuse is prevalent.

This is why we are slowly but surely getting more and more of the bystanders not intervening in situations. we are slowly becoming more what about me society.

Now on a international scale, yes are there are some serious practicalities involved. But in essence we are at the stage where we are trying to do things differently, even if flawed. We have been down this road before, turn our heads and think its not our problem. In some regards I regard the European situation as a far greater threat than ISIS.

This is so called present civilizations back yard, if we can't act like decent human beings there, then how the F@#$ do we expect the third world to operate.

Putin is nothing but a bully, throw down the gauntlet in a smart way, and give him a way out, and he will back off.