PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2014, 20:43
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friday 1700 (ish).

HMHB – 1177 - "Send the DAS a Friday 16:59 fax.
Someone whispered in my ear today that there were indeed some 1659' ers despatched to request and require the attendance of several 'black-hats' to an 'independent' tribunal. Seems CASA have 'suddenly' (shock horror) discovered some public knowledge of a serious nature and decided to 'act' on it. The LSD problem of course is evidence, cold, hard, factual and empirical. The AFP, CDPP and the courts system is the right venue, not some cosy back room. None of this is to do with smoothing out the bumps before the reformers take over and those at the pointy end feel the wrath of course. Stable doors and bolting horses etc. methinks. Aye, but no doubt 'hehoodoovoodoo' will be viewed by history as acting 'impartially' in the matters presented; won't he??? Shirley cover-your-exposed-arse has nothing to do with the rush to reconciliation, Nah!

What was that expression – 'you can run, but you can't hide'; not from this story anyway. If you thought Hitchcock's "The Birds" was scary – wait until the Australian version is published. Remember; JQ may well be sworn into confidentiality; but no one else is. The tick tocking persists as three other time bombs await their turn.

Amazing when you think on; McComic buggers off and all of a sudden 'justice, well delayed' breaks out. Sad it's far too little, far too late and far too hard fought for.

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.......John Donne.
Selah..

Last edited by Kharon; 29th Aug 2014 at 20:49. Reason: Perhaps a cat amongst the plump pigeons started the panic