PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indigo Salaries
Thread: Indigo Salaries
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2014, 14:01
Intruder One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Wannabe Flyer

Yes you are correct, you would pay that much tax in the US......but here is the BIG difference.You can take deductions for any expense that pertains to the job.I've worked overseas before and this comes out to be a large sum.At the end of the year you turn all this in.So that $50000 or so you paid in taxes you may get $20000 of that back.

Being a foreigner in India I don't see how your going to get any of that back,even if their system was the same how could file not being a citizen.Another note ...........on a previous post a few said there was a way around this ..loopholes etc.My buddy in training said this was not the case you work up to 80hrs you get a little over $9000 period,and that's it.

From what I've read they have one of the largest Airbus orders so I would imagine allot of DEC's are going to be needed in the near future. If they can't figure out a way to have a more competitive salary this is going to be tough. You are correct about one thing, the rest of the package is just fine.